“The question for everyone alive today is this: What legacy will you leave behind? Will you leave a beautiful legacy for others to enjoy? or will you leave a legacy of debt, pain, poverty, and sin that the people who come after you will have to pay for?”
This arguably is my favorite line from one of the chapter pages of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s (CBTL) 2018 Giving Journal. With this year’s theme of “Leave a Legacy”, the brand aims to empower each individual to live excellently and purposefully by living a life of service to others in its 10th year.
And in line with Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s decade-long support for social responsibility, they are launching the 2018 version of the Giving Journal, which still aims to help out the legacy of the Real LIFE Foundation, the direct beneficiary of the Giving Journal. This foundation exists to serve the poor in the Philippines by providing opportunities for educational assistance and holistic development.
Since it was established in 2011, Real LIFE has produced over 300 scholars from all over the country who has earned their own university degrees, 40 of which are already employed within the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf ranks. Today, they are still helping out in the education of over 330 high school and college students through the foundation.
I also partnered with CBTL 6 years ago under U! Happy Events and together we launched 8 different programs for children in Metro Manila. This was our way then to initiate different volunteer activities for their customers.
With all this in mind, I was very happy to be invited for the launching of the #2018GivingJournal. Graced by the presence of my friend and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s Vice President for Marketing Paolo del Rosario, we were treated to an afternoon of treats which included free food, fun games (with cool prizes!), and the privilege to be the first owners of this year’s Giving Journals. I was able to get my hands on the gold version with the customizable cover, which I tried designing but failed miserably (hehe).
So what are you waiting for? Collection of stickers for the #2018GivingJournal has already started last October 21, and you should be well on your way to getting your own. If it also helps, bear in mind that you’re doing your part in helping others in your own way in doing so.
Here’s a shortcut on how to get your hands with one soon.
1. You must collect 12 stamps in any The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf stores nationwide. Just 12, not as tough as other planners.
2. Claiming period is from October 21, 2017 to January 14, 2018 or until 60 days after the promo has ended.
3. Stamps may be collected by purchasing the following drinks or products: 1 sticker each for any flavor, regular or large size, of the following: Original Ice Blended, Tea Latte, Coffee-based beverage and 8 stickers of any Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf beverages, regular or large size.
4. Stamps may also be collected by purchasing the following:
(1) Ready Coffee Box (any flavor) = 1 stamp
(1) CBTL Capsule Box (any flavor) = 2 stamps
(1) CBTL Single Serve Bevarage System (any model) = 12 stamps
5. Make sure to present the stamp card upon purchase so that a circle may be stamped whenever its corresponding product assignment is purchased.
6. The completed stamp card should be presented and surrendered to the branch where the Giving Journal will be claimed. The cashier will punch the stamp card to prevent reuse. Combing of stamp cards is not allowed.
Come one lets go and plan our life alongside our giving.